Skip to main content

Lens Review: Canon 50mm f1.8 STM

http://ift.tt/2vMiQ2U The Canon 50mm f1.8 STM is a direct update to the inexpensive standard 50mm f1.8 EF lens. The STM version replaces the standard focusing motor with Canon's stepping motor technology. This has a smoother, quieter auto focus performance. A underlying difference to the previous version of this lens, build quality is good, with high quality plastics used for the lens barrel and a metal bayonet. Despite the higher build quality, this optic still only weighs 160g. ![color81.JPG](http://ift.tt/2uB1vLt) My favourite part of this lens is the amazing Bokeh you can get. The high f stop of 1.8 is so good for them blurry backgrounds but is also amazing in low light situations. I took the lens out with my Canon 100d DSLR to the streets to test it in a street photography environment. This is a real test for the auto focus. ![color57.JPG](http://ift.tt/2vM3wmR) If you followed my instagram you'd know I'm a Black and White photo fanatic and B&W street photography is my thing and the lens stood up to the challenge. The autofocus is so quick and snappy. Very rarely did it disappoint. 9/10 my subjects where in focus and as a street photographer this isn't always an easy task. My only small gripe if that is that even the the focusing motor is quieter than the predecessor, it is still audible and when trying to be invisible as a street photographer this can be annoying. ![color67.JPG](http://ift.tt/2uBlbPy) Even though I'm a big Black and White photographer I can still appreciate the great colours I could create using the lens. ![color51.JPG](http://ift.tt/2vMmLfM) Overall I love this Lens. It is a great piece of kit that all Canon users should have in their kit bags. For portraits and street photography and all kinds of photographers.


Click here for more...
from #Bangladesh #News aka Bangladesh News Now!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

📷52 Week Challenge - Week #1 - Theme Winter

📷Week 1📷 So the idea of the 52 week challenge is that each week throughout the whole of 2018 I will post a new theme and everyone has to upvote and resteem at least one other entry from another person for that week. That way everyone is rewarded. However, by upvoting and resteeming this post you stand a chance of winning some of the SBD from this post ! 📷This Weeks Theme📷 So i've decided that this week's theme is going to be winter. As it is the first of day of 2018, I thought we would start off with the winter theme because in the UK it is still winter. ![](http://ift.tt/2qe8Wbm) 📷How To Enter This Challenge📷 To enter this challenge, you must start off by upvoting this post as this will affect the amount that the winner makes (This is explained further down the post). Then resteem this post to get more people involved ! When you create the post the main tag must be "the52weekchallenge". This will allow me to see everyones wonderful entries much ...

Happy New Year!! - DTube Vlog

Happy new year everybody!!!!! I hope 2018 is the best year ever for everybody here on Steemit and DTube! Thanks @SlayerKM ▶️ DTube ▶️ IPFS Click here for more... from #Bangladesh #News aka Bangladesh News Now!!!

Introduction to Steemit and First Blog

Introduction To Steemit 28/11/2017 Good evening guys and girls. Welcome to my first steemit blog. I hope you will spend a few minutes of your time to have a read through my daily blogs each day and hopefully I can start to build a small community here. I am brand new to blogging and have never done anything like this before so I am hoping and will be more than thankful for your feedback, bad or good and I will look to improve on what I do and what I write about. I won't go into too much information about me today as I hope you will get to know me more through my daily blogs and I will try to involve you in most of my life. I would also like to try and get to know you all too so please feel free to follow and comment and I will make sure I will read through your posts too. Enough of this intro and onto the blog. Enjoy ~ 7.15 am ~ Good morning guys and girls. This morning me and Sophie (The Mrs) have received a wake up from our daughter Evie at 7.15am to some lovely cuddles and ...